About Circle 8 Massage
We understand pain is debilitating. Not only does it change the focus of our day, but it also affects how we work and play. Pain has a huge impact on our physical and mental health and wellbeing.
This is why we work with our clients to improve their mobility while reducing pain and tension in the muscles of the upper and lower back. When your back feels better, you have an entirely different outlook on life.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain involves damage to the soft tissues of the back, including the skin, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and connective tissue. Back injuries are commonly caused by a strain or sprain that may happen due to incorrect lifting, falls, long periods of poor posture (such as sitting for too long), and sports injuries.
The pain you may feel in your back may be caused by a strain that causes damage to the muscle. That means the muscle has been stretched too far and tears. On the other hand, sprains happen when ligaments that connect to the bone are overstretched or torn.
However, some people have chronic back pain that may be caused by several more serious conditions, including:
- Degenerative disk disease
- Herniated disc
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Neck or back trauma
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
What is Back Massage?
Back massage works to relieve pain and stiffness in the upper and lower back. Muscles in the back can become tense and sore from sitting at a desk to work, doing yard work, sports, and more. The muscles in this part of the body can also easily become injured from overuse or repetitive use.
A therapist works to relieve these issues by using several back massage techniques. For instance, Swedish massage may be used during a back massage. This technique uses rhythmic kneading, pressure, and other movements to promote relaxation.
Trigger point therapy may also be applied during a back massage. For this technique, the massage therapist applies sustained, targeted finger pressure to knots of muscle until the tension within the muscle is released. Trigger point therapy may cause some local discomfort; however, this is an effective massage technique to relieve muscle tension in the back.
The therapist may also use a number of other massage techniques during a back massage Leeds. These can include sports massage, CBD oil massage, and more. Our professional therapists choose the right technique(s) for each patient’s back trouble. So, you can count on receiving personalised treatment every time.
What are the Benefits of Back Massage?
Back massage helps back pain in several ways:
1. Manages Stress – Massage works to relax muscle tension caused by stress. The massage treatment also allows the client to relax and have some time away from normal life.
2. Relieves Chronic Pain – Massage also works to target pain by reducing or eliminating muscle tension and increasing flexibility and range of motion. Massage may also reduce the need for pain medications.
3. Improves Circulation– Back massage Leeds also encourages blood flow through injured or stressed muscles and organs. This allows those areas to get rid of toxins while allowing blood to flow through, bringing nutrients and fluids these areas need to recover.
4. Improves Mood – A relaxing back massage also releases endorphins and other “feel good” chemicals into the body. These work to improve mood and reduce pain, so you feel better. Massage can improve conditions such as chronic stress, anxiety, and depression.
5. Prevents Injuries – Back massage also helps to prevent injuries by keeping muscles healthy and flexible. We can also provide guidance on how to move correctly and/or exercises to strengthen problem areas in the back. All of this works together to ensure your muscles are healthier and more flexible.
6. Improves Posture – When we sit in front of a computer all day long or stand while doing manual labour, these activities can cause tension in the back, leading to poor posture. A back massage can help the body develop healthier movements and even improve the body’s position as it relaxes and loosens doing massage.
When is Back Massage Therapy Appropriate?
Back massage therapy Leeds is appropriate for muscle strains and sprains. These are the most common back issues that cause back pain. Massage techniques work to reduce muscle tension and reduce spasms and inflammation in the painful area.
What’s more, the massage therapist can also determine the source of the pain and work to eliminate it.
Massage therapy is also appropriate for anyone who suffers from osteoarthritis (OA) of the spine. Massages work to reduce and ease pain by reducing stress and tension and increasing circulation to the painful area(s).
The good news is that back massage therapy is a safe, non-invasive treatment. However, it’s always best to check with your doctor before having a back massage. The doctor can advise you on whether a back massage is appropriate for your condition.
Why Choose Circle 8 Massage?
At Circle 8 Massage, we use holistic therapies to treat your back pain. Our back massage Leeds works to relax and loosen muscles, to provide relief from pain and stress.
What’s more, our treatments are provided in a dimly lit, beautifully decorated spa room, where you can relax during your busy day.
Our goal is to provide you with a high-quality massage therapy service. To that end, each of our massage therapists has the knowledge and understanding of myofascial, musculoskeletal, neural, and lymphatic systems.
What’s more, we are recognised by the FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists) and are an accredited member of the Professional Standards Authority. So, you can rest assured our services are entirely professional, and we only use proven therapeutic treatments to relieve back pain and other conditions.
If you’d like to book an appointment or have questions about our services, contact us today! We’re looking forward to learning how we can help relieve your discomfort and help improve your quality of life.
Do You Have Health Insurance?
Claim back the full cost of your massage in Leeds, as the Circle8 team are fully accredited with the federation of holistic therapists, which is supported by all major health insurance providers. Check your Insurance policy for more information to see which treatments you can claim for.
Here are some of the most common questions we hear about our massage therapy services:
1. Do You Use Wax or Oil?
2. Do You Use Heated Massage Beds?
3. Do You Offer Background Music, and Can I Choose the Music During the Massage?
4. Is it possible to book multiple treatments with the same therapist?
If you’d like more information about our massage therapist Leeds services, contact us today! We’re always happy to answer your questions. Just let us know what you need and we’ll see how we can help!
When you come for a massage at Circle8 we don’t just treat your issue and send you away, we find out exactly which movements and muscles are causing it, explain to you what’s actually happening, give you exercises in the gym and at home that you can do to help alleviate and eventually get rid of your issue.
0113 403 3391
Send an email